Post Game Off 2018 Update
Work has continued after the initial Game Off 2018 submission. This includes some new features, updated visuals, new sounds, some music, and bug fixes.
The new features focused on game play enhancements and addressing some early feedback.
Second Status Screen
Now there is a screen that displays the current status of the various components. Including:
- Current repair status. Yellow and red bar beneath each component.
- For tanks the current fill state.
- Non-tank components show how well their demand for resources is currently being fulfilled.
With this change some items from the navigation screen have been moved to the status screen. In particular the fill states of certain tanks.
The Gremlin will appear at random intervals to break components on the ship. Keeping an eye out for Gremlins is now a key part of traveling the most distance.
A short music track has been added to the title screen to set the mood.
Sounds have been completely recreated to improve the overall sound. There is still an issue open for TIC-80 to fix sound pops, but hopefully the overall sound is now more pleasant.
There is now a background that helps convey a sense of place. It can be used to see if the ship is climbing or descending, and get an idea of how fast the ship is currently traveling.
Tapping up or down on the resource map now loads a larger view. This does take a second to appear, but helps find areas with methane or water vapor.
As components get damaged, they can now appear damaged. This is shown by particle effects and changes to a damaged version of the component. The lights can now also go out if there isn't enough power.
- Component effectiveness now only drops after the repair status drops below ~50%.
- Platform for standing behind the hydrogen fuel cells, to aid in repair.
- Status screens shut off once the battery has been drained.
- H2O to H and O Splitter now operates off of battery power in emergency mode.
- Heading changes now turn in the direction with the least amount of change.
- Hydrogen cells now try to balance their fill levels across the cells.
There are frequent sound pops related to: https://github.com/nesbox/TIC-80/issues/714. Awaiting fix and will re-upload when available.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.